Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use my Daisiboo Candle safely?
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or light near flammable materials
- Always burn your candle on suitable surface resistant to heat
- Ensure a lit candle is out of the reach of children and pets
- Always ensure a candle is properly extinguished
- Never leave candle burning down to the sustainer. Always leave 5mm of wax
- Never leave your candle burning for longer than 4 hours
- Do not place candles on or near other heat sources, never directly on furniture and place them on heat and fire resistant surface
How long will my Daisiboo Candle burn for?
On average your candle tin should burn for about 35 hours and 38 hours for the glass candle.
What are Wax Snap Cartons?
Wax melts. They usually come in smaller shapes and sizes depending upon the mould and can be melted using an oil burner or electric burner.
How do I burn a Wax Snap?
The wax melt is typically placed in the top of an oil burner and in the base of the oil burner a small tea light candle is lit. The candle will heat and melt the wax above. As the wax melts the scent is released into the atmosphere. A single daisiboo wax melt will typically last for about 9 hours.
How do I remove a Wax Snap from the burner?
Allow the burner to cool completely and then place the burner into the refrigerator for about twenty minutes. The remaining wax should then easily lift out. Let the burner return to room temperature before using again to prevent cracking.
What is tunnelling?
Tunnelling occurs when a lit candle does not get enough time to burn to the edge of the tin. This can result in a ring of dry, hard wax around the outside edge of the tin causing a tunnelling effect down into the centre of the candle. This can reduce the burn time of the candle.
Do I need to trim my Daisiboo Candle wick?
YES, YES, YES!
Before subsequent candle burns you should always ensure the wick is trimmed to 1/4 inch with scissors or a wick trimmer before lighting. This will help to reduce soot residue and give you the candle's best performance.
What should I do if my Daisiboo Candle starts smoking?
Extinguish the candle and allow it to cool. Once cooled, trim the wick and then you can relight.
Can I let my Daisiboo Candle burn until it goes out?
You should never burn your daisiboo candle down to the metal wick sustainer. You should always leave a small amount of wax.