*** BUILD YOUR LOYALTY POINTS FOR CHRISTMAS ***



Candle Care

Basic Candle Safety Instructions

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended - Keep burning candles within sight at all times; 
  • Keep burning candles away from flammable materials and out of reach of children and pets
  • Always leave at least 20cm between burning candles
  • Do not burn candle on or near anything that can catch fire
  • Do not place candles on or near other heat sources, never directly on furniture and place them on heat and fire resistant surface as containers              can become very hot particularly as the candle burns down
  • Only burn candles in or on suitable holders
  • Place your candle in an area free from drafts to discourage dripping and smoking
  • Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material 
  • Never leave your candle burning for longer than 4 hours
  • Extinguish candle when 5mm of wax remains and do not relight

Getting the Best Performance from your Candle 

The First Burn Cycle

  • Prior to lighting, remove and discard packaging
  • When you receive your candle ensure that the wick is about 1/4 of an inch (about 3-6mm) and is exposed above the wax
  • It is suggested that you burn the candle for generally around 3 hours on the first burn or until the wax melts to the outer edge of the container,                this will help to avoid tunnelling and ensure the candle burn time is maximised to its full potential

 

Extinguishing Candles

  • Extinguish candles with care, as wax may splatter.  A candle snuffer is recommended.
  • Ensure the wick is upright, above the wax and central before the wax sets

 

Subsequent Burn Cycles

  • Ensure your wick is suitably trimmed to 1/4 of an inch
  • Ensure the wax pool is free of wick trimmings or an combustible material
  • Do not allow the flame to touch the sides of the holder
  • Never leave you candle burning for longer than 4 hours.

 

Troubleshooting Tips

  • If the flame exceeds 2 cm in height or it starts to soot, extinguish the candle, allow to cool and solidify, then trim the wick and relight.
  • We use a high concentration of quality candle fragrance oils at Daisiboo Candles. This can result in a  build-up of carbon on the wick, as the                  candle burns.  This “mushroom” is quite normal. However, it  is advisable to extinguish the candle and allow the wax to solidify before trimming the        mushroom and removing any debris which falls into the candle. The candle can then be lit once more.

Wax Snaps - What Are They?

  • Wax Snaps are quick bursts of intense fragrance
  • As the 'Wax Snap' name suggests just "snap" one cube from the packaging (6 in total) and pop into your burner
  • Wax snaps are quick and easy leaving little mess.

    How to use my Wax Snaps Safely

    BURNERS

     

    • Only use approved T'Light warmers/oil burners/electric burners specific to wax melts or oils
    • Read and follow all instructions provided with your approved warmer before use
    • DO NOT leave your T'Light or Electric Burners/warmers unattended while in use
    • REMEMBER TO ALLOW YOUR BURNER OR GLASS DISH TO RETURN TO ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE USING AGAIN - OR IT MAY                    CRACK WITH THE HEAT FROM THE T'LIGHT

     

    WELL/BOWL SIZE

     

    • Please ensure the 'well/bowl' size of your burner is sufficient to house the wax melt/oil to avoid spillage
    • Place only 1 Wax Snap into the 'well' part of your burner and light an unscented T'Light candle beneath.  If you add more than 1 melt you will              risk the chances of the melted wax overflowing the well of the burner and damaging your surfaces, carpets etc.
    • (Please DO NOT add water
    • Your Wax Snap will not evaporate it will only lose it's scent. 

     

    BASIC INSTRUCTIONS & MAINTENANCE

     

    • Keep out of reach of children and pets (our scented wax melts look pretty in their packaging so children may mistake them for sweets - which                they are definitely not!)
    • Use only in well ventilated areas away from flammable materials
    • Never move an oil burner when the T'Light is lit or the wax is melted.
    • Take Extra Care when extinguishing (blowing out) the T'Light below a well of melted wax - as the wax is in a liquid form you may blow the hot liquid        out of the well when trying to extinguish the T'Light
    • Wash your oil burner or glass dish - regularly - if you are not using Eco-Soy T'Lights you will, most likely, get a small soot layer - it is best to keep            your burner clean and dry so that it works more efficiently.